lundi 30 mars 2015

AWS SWF Flow does the activity start to clise timeout include activity retries?

I'm trying to configure one of my SWF activities using the Flow framework for java and I can't find any documentation about whether the StartToClose timeout is only for a single activity attempt or for all of the retry attempts for that activity.


Here is the configuration for my activity:



@Activity(name = "WaitForExternalTaskToFinish", version = "1.0")
@ActivityRegistrationOptions(
defaultTaskScheduleToStartTimeoutSeconds = 60,
defaultTaskStartToCloseTimeoutSeconds = 60)
@ExponentialRetry(
initialRetryIntervalSeconds = 60,
maximumRetryIntervalSeconds = 300,
retryExpirationSeconds = 7200,
exceptionsToRetry = IllegalStateException.class)
boolean waitForExternalTaskToFinish(long externalTaskId);


I'm trying to get this activity that is expected to take a very short execution time (eg. 5 sec) but if the activity fails then keep retrying the activity to for 2 hours.



  • Will this configuration do what I want?

  • Do I need to change defaultTaskStartToCloseTimeoutSeconds to 7200?

  • If I need to change defaultTaskStartToCloseTimeoutSeconds to 7200, then how do I get the activity to fail if the execution of a single activity attempt is "too long" (eg. 100 sec)?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire