mardi 30 juin 2015

AWS : Splitting software & data in different volumes

AWS recommends keeping data & OS on separate EBS volumes. I have a webserver running on EC2 with an EBS volume. On a bare VM, I install the following:

- webserver, wsgi, pip & related software/config (some in /etc some in /home/<user>)
- server code & static assets in /var/www/
- log files are written to /var/log/<respective-folder>
- maintenance scripts in /home/<user>/

Database server is separate. For a webserver, which of the above items would benefit from higher IOPS and for which ones it doesn't matter ? My understanding is that the server code & log files should be moved to a separate EBS volume with higher IOPS. Or should I just move all of my stuff (except the softwares I installed in /etc i.e. webserver) to a separate volume with better IOPS ?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire