mardi 30 juin 2015

Why can't I join my AWS EC2 instance to my Simple AD?

I'm unable to join an EC2 instance to my Directory Services Simple AD in Amazon Web Services manually, per Amazon's documentation.

  • I've verified that the IP I entered for DNS in the network config on the EC2 instance is the DNS IP for the Simple AD.
  • I'm entering the FQDN foo.bar.com.
  • I've verified that the Simple AD and the EC2 instance are in the same subnet.

This is the error message I'm receiving:

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "aws.bar.com":

The error was: "This operation returned because the timeout period expired." (error code 0x000005B4 ERROR_TIMEOUT)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.aws.bar.com

The DNS servers used by this computer for name resolution are not responding. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

10.0.1.34

Verify that this computer is connected to the network, that these are the correct DNS server IP addresses, and that at least one of the DNS servers is running.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire