lundi 28 septembre 2015

Trouble hosting .net website on ubuntu

Disclaimer: I've read all AWS doc, and the ubuntu/.net walkthroughs
I've attempted to follow several different how-tos to do this, with no success
As such, simply linking tutorials will most likely not solve my problem - I doubt I won't already have found it and tried it

I am attempting to host a .net website on an AWS Ubuntu apache server.
Apache is correctly installed and the default page works.
Having trouble testing anything other than the default.html (on AWS) I chose to continue with a personal Ubuntu VM.
(I've found a way to make a site the default one on AWS but figured I had better learn how to host a .net site on Ubuntu first)

On the VM::
Mono is also installed, and I can access simple .aspx pages.
However when I attempt to open our hosted .net site ina browser I get a System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException error (CS1703:An assembly 'mscorlib' with the same identity has already been imported) I've found these:
http://ift.tt/1LhqvLS
http://ift.tt/1iFAhKs
that seemed related to my problem, however I'm still stuck. Getting rid of the mscorlib.dll in the /usr or /opt directory did nothing, getting rid of it in the /bin gave me a type error (as if mscorlib was no longer there. logical)

**The website works fine with IIS in windows. It is in .net 4.5 and has several project dlls referenced.

At this point I'm wondering if it might be a problem with Ubuntu, Mono, or the website. And I feel as though I've exhausted google as a resource (as surprising as that may be)

If anyone has hosted a .net 4.5 site on ubuntu (on AWS is a +) I could definitly use a few pointers.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire