vendredi 29 mai 2015

AWS RDS Parameter Group not changing MySQL encoding

I am running a MySQL database on RDS. I want to change all of my encodings to utf8mb4. I created a parameter group on RDS with all character_set_* parameters as utf8mb4, assigned it to my RDS instance, and then rebooted the instance. However, when I run SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%char%' on my DB, there are still values of latin1, which I do not want:

character_set_client        latin1
character_set_connection    latin1
character_set_database      utf8mb4
character_set_filesystem    binary
character_set_results       latin1
character_set_server        utf8mb4
character_set_system        utf8
character_sets_dir          /rdsdbbin/mysql-5.6.22.R1/share/charsets/

Likewise, new columns that I create on the DB are latin1 encoded instead of utf8mb4 encoded. I can change the encoding values manually through the mysql command line, but this doesn't help since the values are also reset to latin1 when I push to production.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire