dimanche 31 mai 2015

Frontend and communication for EC2 based cloud application

We are implementing a system that will take some image as input, do some processing on it, and return the results. We have to do the processing on an EC2 instance. I'm pretty new to cloud computing in general, and haven't worked with the web either, and I'm trying to decide the best way to create the frontend for this system. (The backend is simply c++ code running on amazon EC2). For the frontend, I have two options:

  • A desktop app that will somehow communicate with the EC2 instance. This one is simpler to build, as I've some experience with this, but I don't know how I will be able to talk to the backend. There's SSH, but I don't know how suitable it is.

  • A webserver running on the EC2 instance itself. This sounds like a better idea , but I haven't done any webdevelopment, so might end up taking more time.

I'm not looking to create any fancy UIs, just something functional that lets the end user upload the image, and view the results. Which option should I go for?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire