dimanche 21 juin 2015

Is there way to view data on RDS? (Few more questions)

I started using RDS yesterday and i'm still figuring it out everything, so i have few questions to ask.

  1. I was able to create an instance and i was able to view data that i insert using the below code and i was able to see the results through workbench, but is there any way to view data on rds?

  2. I have a huge data set, probably containing 80k tuples, i read this data from csv and i put it in the database, does changing to a better instance will affect the speed of inserting the data to the database, because i tried a larger instance with around 7.5 GB RAM, but it didn't work, insertion was very slow.What could be the problem? am i not connected properly?

I used the following code to connect

db = MySQLdb.connect(host='west........{the endpoint}', port=3306, db='clouddb', user='{my_username}',passwd='{my_password')
cursor = db.cursor()
cursor.execute('CREATE TABLE consumer_complaint(Complaint VARCHAR(255),Product VARCHAR(255),Subproduct VARCHAR(255),Issue VARCHAR(255),State VARCHAR(255),ZIPcode VARCHAR(255),Company VARCHAR(255),Companyresponse VARCHAR(255),Timelyresponse VARCHAR(255),Consumerdisputed VARCHAR(255));')

I'm getting no errors in connecting. Can anyone help me. I'm new to amazon services and instances.

Thank you




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire