dimanche 30 août 2015

Live555 RTSP Stream Slow

I am wondering why my Live555 RTSP Stream is so slow. Here is what I did:

I set up an application based on the testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp (http://ift.tt/1KvJ50J).

The application is supposed to stream a .mkv file which is 90MB big and 2:30 minutes long.

I am hosting the stream on a large Amazon AWS EC2 instance. Upload speed is somewhere in the range of 500 - 600Mbit/s at least.

At home I have a 20Mbit connection. Speedtests have shown a download speed of 1.8MB/s.

A calculation would say that streaming the file should not be a problem: 90 / 1.8 = 50 (Filesize divided by download speed). Therefore, I should be able to download the file within 50 seconds. The video is 2:30 minutes long. I don't see why the stream should have bad quality or lag in any way.

However, when viewing the RTSP stream with VLC Player the image quality is horrible. It's like half a frame per second.

How is that possible? What am I missing?

  • Windows Firewall is off on both ends.
  • No other connections are open, therefore the entire network speed is available for the stream.
  • Security Group of the Amazon EC2 Instance has been modified to allow all incoming and outgoing traffic on all protocols and all ports.

Is there a way to debug such problems?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire