mardi 14 avril 2015

Chef Management Console not working

I have an AWS Instance where I have installed Chef Server using the following commands:



wget http://ift.tt/1DfEjiB
sudo dpkg -i chef-server-core_12.0.7-1_amd64.deb
sudo chef-server-ctl reconfigure
sudo chef-server-ctl test
sudo chef-server-ctl user-create user1 User1 user1@gmail.com user1pwd --filename /home/maverick09/user1.pem
sudo chef-server-ctl org-create chef My Software, Inc. --association_user user1 --filename /home/maverick09/chef-validator.pem
sudo chef-server-ctl install opscode-manage
sudo chef-server-ctl reconfigure


When I execute these commands on my personal Ubuntu machine, it works fine and I am able to launch the Chef Server Web UI and can see the organization and user. So, basically this works as expected.


But, when I try the exact same commands on my AWS instance, I am getting the following message:



Chef Server API

This is the main endpoint for all of the Chef API's. In general, none of these have any HTML representations, and the vast majority of them require that you are sending properly authenticated requests. So while it's neat that you came to visit, you probably won't find what you are looking for here.

You can manage your organization's infrastructure interactively using the Chef Management Console


and I do not get any options to sign in etc...


My personal Ubuntu and my AWS instance have the same OS version installed:



NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="14.04.2 LTS, Trusty Tahr"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS"
VERSION_ID="14.04"
HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://ift.tt/1b8fcBF"


The contents of the /etc/hosts is similar to:



27.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 chef.myorg.com

### I have not touched the below lines and are as is ###
# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
.
.
.


The contents of /etc/hostname file is as follows:



chef.myorg.com


I am not sure what could be the issue, kindly help...





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire