dimanche 29 mars 2015

Unable to provision AWS server with salt-cloud: Key pair does not exist

I'm following the salt-cloud AWS Guid and am having a little trouble with an error message I believe to be unclear. The error is:



$ sudo salt-cloud -p ubuntu_aws test-vm
[INFO ] salt-cloud starting
[INFO ] Creating Cloud VM test-vm in ap-southeast-1
[ERROR ] EC2 Response Status Code and Error: [400 400 Client Error: Bad Request] {'Errors': {'Error': {'Message': "The key pair 'testkey' does not exist", 'Code': 'InvalidKeyPair.NotFound'}}, 'RequestID': '******************************'}
[ERROR ] There was a profile error: 'str' object does not support item assignment


I've learned that the last portion is a python error which I thought might suggest that there's a syntax error in my configuration, but I can't find any issues with it.


ubuntu_aws config



ubuntu_aws:
provider: aws
image: ami-e2f1c1b0
size: Micro Instance
ssh_username: ec2-user


provider config



private_key: /path/to/testkey.pem
keyname: testkey
securitygroup: default


I also noticed there are 2 default groups, neither of which I'm able to delete: enter image description here


When I visit http://ift.tt/1ES9j6v I can see that the key is indeed there on us-east-1.


enter image description here


My testkey.pem key has -rw------- permissions.


I'm still learning to use salt-cloud and AWS and I'm struggling to determine if it's an issue with my AWS config or something with my Salt config. Any guidance would be helpful.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire