vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Clarification on AWS Redshift, EC2, S3

Q1) Amazon Redshift is a cluster, which has nodes (with operating system, example windows + software, example MS SQL server) and data storage (node: dw1.xlarge-2TB HDD). Can I store resulted table output after computing into the 2TB HDD? If YES to above question, then how will you charge us? a. There will be charge for usage of node during compute. b. After compute is over and instance has been stopped, the output result (example 1GB size) needs to be stored in 2TB HDD, in this case how you will be charging us?


If NO to above question, then do we need to have amazon S3 for storage?


Q2) If I go with amazon EC2 (with operating system, example windows + software, example MS SQL server), then I need to have amazon S3 for storage, as EC2 doesn’t provide any storage for output result after compute is over and instance has been stopped. Is that right?


Q3) In S3 we can store excel files, cvs files, images and many more, but can I store database tables? If YES to above question, then do I need to have a software like MS SQL server/ Oracle to store database tables? If I need to have software then that means, I need to have EC2 or Redshift, same as Q2 scenario. Is that right?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire