lundi 29 décembre 2014

How can I list all my AWS EC2 instances using NodeJS (in Lambda)?

I'm on AWS and using NodeJS AWS SDK. I'm trying to build a Lambda function and inside I want to get a list of all my EC2 instances, but I just can't seem to get it working. Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?


Here is my lambda function code:



var AWS = require('aws-sdk');
AWS.config.region = 'us-west-1';

exports.handler = function(event, context) {
console.log("\n\nLoading handler\n\n");
var ec2 = new AWS.EC2();
ec2.describeInstances( function(err, data) {
console.log("\nIn describe instances:\n");
if (err) console.log(err, err.stack); // an error occurred
else console.log("\n\n" + data + "\n\n"); // successful response
});
context.done(null, 'Function Finished!');
};


And this is my policy (I think it's correct?)



{
"Version": "2012-10-17",
"Statement": [
{
"Effect": "Allow",
"Action": [
"logs:*"
],
"Resource": "arn:aws:logs:*:*:*"
},
{
"Effect": "Allow",
"Action": [
"ec2:*"
],
"Resource": "arn:aws:ec2:*"
},
{
"Effect": "Allow",
"Action": [
"s3:GetObject",
"s3:PutObject"
],
"Resource": [
"arn:aws:s3:::*"
]
}
]
}


And if I do a console.log on 'ec2' I get:



{ config:
{ credentials:
{ expired: false,
expireTime: null,
accessKeyId: 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
sessionToken: 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
envPrefix: 'AWS' },
credentialProvider: { providers: [Object] },
region: 'us-west-1',
logger: null,
apiVersions: {},
apiVersion: null,
endpoint: 'ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com',
httpOptions: { timeout: 120000 },
maxRetries: undefined,
maxRedirects: 10,
paramValidation: true,
sslEnabled: true,
s3ForcePathStyle: false,
s3BucketEndpoint: false,
computeChecksums: true,
convertResponseTypes: true,
dynamoDbCrc32: true,
systemClockOffset: 0,
signatureVersion: 'v4' },
isGlobalEndpoint: false,
endpoint:
{ protocol: 'https:',
host: 'ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com',
port: 443,
hostname: 'ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com',
pathname: '/',
path: '/',
href: 'https://ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/' } }




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire