mercredi 28 janvier 2015

FederationException ID3206 in MVC application deployed to AWS EC2 instance

I have an MVC5 EF6 application configured to authenticate using organizational authentication (Azure AD) which works fine when running in IIS Express on my development PC. It was developed using Visual Studio 2013.


I have now deployed the application to an AWS EC2 instance using the Cloud Formation wizard in the AWS Visual Studio toolkit. I have also reconfigured the application entry in the Azure AD to run against the deployed version instead of the development version.


When the application is run by navigating to the ec2 instance from a browser, the user is presented with the Microsoft authentication page, so I know the deployed app is running. After successful authentication I get the following error:


ID3206: A SignInResponse message may only redirect within the current web application: '/' is not allowed.


I have tried all the potential solutions I can find from SO and other forums concerning this issue. These include several different ways of ensuring a backslash is at the end of a URL. However, none of these approaches fixes my issue.


My issue seems to be slightly different in that the error states that:



application: '/' is not allowed


All other similar references I've seen have something like:



application: '/appname' is not allowed


My application does not have this issue in development using IIS Express.


Can anyone offer any potential solutions or avenues to research concerning this?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire