mardi 27 janvier 2015

Using VisualVM on tomcat 8 running on EC2

I am trying to use VisualVM in my system to monitor a Tomcat instance running over EC2. I tried steps provided in multiple blogs about how to configure it, but still when I try to run tomcat it gives me following error.


./catalina.sh: 5: /home/gvr/apache-tomcat-8.0.18/bin/setenv.sh: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote: not found


I added following statement in server.xml



<listener classname="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.JmxRemoteLifecycleListener"
rmiregistryportplatform="10001"
rmiserverportplatform="10002"
uselocalports="true" />


And my setenv.sh is as follows



CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com"
$CATALINA_OPTS


Besides this I have added, catalina-jmx-remote.jar in tomcat's lib directory


enter image description here


Could anyone please provide me some hint, what is possibly going wrong. I tried everything I have found related to configuring VisualVM


I am running Tomcat 8.0.18, java 8 over ubuntu





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire