jeudi 29 janvier 2015

How do I collect and store data from a 3rd party API?

I'm new to web development and mainly have had experience doing front-end things with JS, so I'm not quite sure how to go about this. I know how to manipulate+display the data on the front-end, but I need help understand what tools I need to accomplish #1 and #2 below. Essentially collecting and storing the data remotely.


I assume since I won't be using my own server, I will need to use Amazon Web Services. But AWS has like 30 services and I'm not sure which does what.


Thank you!


Here's what I'd like to do:



  1. GET request to a 3rd party REST API every 60 minutes to collect JSON data.

  2. Store the data in a database.

  3. On the front-end, when a user loads the webpage, the webapp will pull the data from the database and do cool things with the data (e.g. charts, etc.)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire